CSC 533: Organization of Programming Languages
HW2: EBNF Grammar
The following questions all refer to the EBNF of Oberon-2.
- Which of the following are legal numbers in Oberon-2?
For each legal number, provide a parse tree.
00 -2.9 C 3AH
2E-4 0.01E12 5.5E+5.5
- Describe, in concise English, the format for identifiers in Oberon-2. That is, what
characters may be used? What restrictions (if any) are there on order?
- What is the shortest possible module (i.e., program) in Oberon-2? Justify your answer.
- What is the order of precedence for the operators +, -, *,
and / in Oberon-2? Justify your answers with parse trees.
- Does the dangling-else problem apply to Oberon-2? Justify your answer.