CSC 533: Organization of Programming Languages
HW2: EBNF Grammar
The following questions all refer to the EBNF of Ada95.
- Which of the following are legal numeric literals in Ada95?
For each legal number, provide a parse tree (with the
<numeric_literal> abstraction at the root).
00 -2.9 16#A A#16
2E-4 0.01E12 5.5E+5.5
- Describe, in concise English, the format for identifiers
(<identifier>) in Ada95. That is, what
characters may be used? What restrictions (if any) are there on order?
- What is the shortest possible subprogram specification in Ada95? Justify your
- What is the order of precedence for the operators +, and
* in Ada95? Justify your answer by providing the parse tree
for the <expression>: 1+2*3.
- Does the dangling-else problem apply to Ada95? Justify your